Friday, June 9, 2017

Skating Fridays

Working on a New Spin


Before Adult Nationals this year, Coach B showed me a video of a spin that she wanted me to try. I told her that we'd have to wait until after the competition to begin working on it since I was focused on my freestyle program at that point.

I've had a few short weeks to try out this spin, and it's making some progress. This is a spin that Alaine Chartrand does in her free skate in case it looks familiar. It is an upright variation, and a much prettier one than the dreaded A-frame in my opinion. I still need to straighten both of my legs since they are very bent right now.

We'll see how much progress I can make on this spin over the summer and if it will be up to par to include in next year's revamped freestyle program.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...