2017 Skating Goals
Last week I recapped how I progressed on my 2016 skating goals. This week it's time to declare my 2017 goals. Here they are:
- Continue to increase PCS (program component scores) in freestyle programs. I still want to achieve at least 17 points in the PCS. I've been working with a different choreographer and am taking ballet classes to help with my presentation. I haven't competed since these two coaching additions so I am curious to see how judges react to my skating. Stretch goal - approach 20 points in PCS.
- Increase technical scores. I'd like to aim to receive full credit (no underrotation) for my axel jump and land it cleanly in competition. I'd also like to receive either 0 or positive GOEs on all technical elements, including my spins.
- Approach 30 points in my freestyle program (will depend on above, since my overall points consists of PCS and Technical). Stretch goal - earn Top 6 placement at Adult Sectionals. Ultimate fantasy - earn Top 4 placement at Adult Sectionals and spot in the Championship Gold Ladies event at Adult Nationals.
- Land a correct double salchow. That means my legs are crossed, arms are pulled in and I have an "IJS clean" landing. No forward landings with a 3-turn exit, which is what I am doing now.
- Add another axel in my program. Assuming that I can continue to land these cleanly when running programs, I'd like to add a second one to increase my technical score.
- Continue working on double toe loop and/or double loop. Maybe even land a few cheated ones here and there. Stretch goal - land one (or both) of these cleanly!