2016 Skating Goals Recap
How is it December already? You know what that means around here - time to recap how I progressed on my skating goals that I set a year ago. Let's just cut to the chase. Here we go!
- Increase PCS (program component scores) in freestyle programs. My PCS increased slightly and was around the 15 point mark. This number needs to keep going up.
- Increase technical scores. My best skate to date was at Adult Sectionals, where I finally did not receive the dreaded 'dash of doom' in my program. I did get a half loop downgraded and my axel was deemed underrotated, but it is definitely progress. I'll call this a success for 2016 with lots of room for improvement in 2017.
- Earn at least 27 points in my freestyle program I earned just shy of 27 points this year (I was a few tenths away) so I will call this success as well.
- Get my double salchow more consistent. Well, I didn't achieve this, but it is more consistently correct (but not fully correct). I am learning to cross my legs, which is huge, but I am still underrotated.
- Work on higher level spins and include in my freestyle program.This didn't happen either but I did get all positive or 0 Grades of Execution at Sectionals. Huge success there. I had received the 'dash of doom' in all competitions prior to this one.
- Start working on double toe loop and/or double loop. Note that my goal was to start working on them. Yes, I did start work on them, but I am nowhere near close to landing correct jumps anytime soon.
If you are a skater, how did your year go? Did you meet your goals?