2016 Skating Goals
It's that time of year to declare my skating goals for 2016. Once again, I have a lofty list, but it's better to dream and aspire than to maintain status quo, right?
Here we go:
- Increase PCS (program component scores) in freestyle programs. I'm hovering around the 14 point mark and want to reach at least 17. To do this, I will need to skate stronger, faster, and execute more power with better transitions. That means fewer crossover strokes.
- Increase technical scores. I've received the "dash of doom" in every competition this year. If I can avoid that and skate a clean program, my technical scores should increase. I'm aiming for 0 or positive Grades of Execution (GOE) and have the technical elements to hit around 13 or 14 points.
- Earn at least 27 points in my freestyle program (will depend on above, since my overall points consists of PCS and Technical)
- Get my double salchow more consistent
- Work on higher level spins and include in my freestyle program. I already have a level 3 sit spin and would love to have my other 2 spins earn a "level."
- Start working on double toe loop and/or double loop
What are your skating goals this coming year?