Progress (or Not) from 2015 Skating Goals
About a year ago, I shared my 2015 skating goals with you. It's that time of year again to see how I fared on the list.
- Earn higher PCS scores in my IJS programs (goal: at least 17 points) This did not happen. While my PCS scores did improve and I am skating faster and stronger, my transitions still need some work. I am still proud of the progress I made though.
- Place in the top 4 in the Gold Ladies event at Sectionals and qualify for the Championship Gold Ladies event at Adult Nationals This definitely did not happen. I placed 2nd to last at Sectionals but am proud for attempting it. Maybe next year!
- Earn a total score of 28+ points in my IJS programs This didn't happen either. My brain keeps getting in the way and I have the ability to earn this score, but my mind wasn't well prepared. Hope to accomplish this next year.
- Add a double salchow to my skating repertoire (meaning that it's consistently landed) I just landed my double salchow for the first time in November, so this goal is a work in progress.
- Learn a double toe loop We did not work on this element in 2015.
- Learn a legitimate, non-adult version of a layback spin We did not work on laybacks this year.
- Continue to skate faster and with better power and flow This will always be a goal. I've made a lot of improvements in this area and hope to continue to make strides to become a better skater.
- Add more difficult spins to my repertoire and use them in programs I added a flying camel to my program this year and received credit for it, so I am proud of that. I did have another difficult spin but flubbed it during competition. Hopefully I will be ready this coming year!