Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pumpkin spice cookie butter banana bread

A dense yet soft banana bread packed with pumpkin spices and Trader Joe's pumpkin spice cookie butter. You'll want to eat the whole loaf in one sitting!

Help. I think I have a problem. I believe I'm officially obsessed with Trader Joe's pumpkin spice cookie butter. I first heard about it a few weeks ago and rushed to my nearest TJ's store to find it. Thankfully, they were in stock so I grabbed a jar.

I was so smitten with the product that two days later, I took Addie with me to buy 3 more jars of the stuff. My sole purpose was to buy more pumpkin spice cookie butter. Of course, I left the store with about $30 worth of other things, but that's a problem for another day.

Addie kept telling me that she wanted me to bake banana bread for her. I'm not sure what was causing her obsession with banana bread, but I decided to merge both of our recent food crushes together into one creation. I could have added pumpkin puree or chocolate chips to this bread but decided to keep it simple this time.

This bread disappeared in about 2 days. My husband, Addie and I demolished it so quickly that I am glad that I bought 3 more jars of pumpkin spice cookie butter. I definitely need to make this bread again because it was definitely one of the biggest hits of the year with my family.

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, RUN to buy yourself some of this cookie butter before they start stocking the holiday items. (I was not paid to say this; I simply am a huge fan of this fabulous Trader Joe's product!)

Pumpkin spice cookie butter banana bread 
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white whole wheat flour
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 overripe, medium sized bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin spice cookie butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.

In a medium sized bowl, beat together the egg and sugars until well blended. Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, cookie butter and vanilla extract.

Transfer the banana mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and gently fold until just incorporated. Do not over mix.

Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake in your preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Leftover bread (ha!) should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and will keep for several days.

Yield: One 9"x5" loaf; about 8-12 servings

Source: Adapted from two peas & their pod

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...