2014 Skating Goals Progress ReportAs the year starts to wind down, I thought it would be fun to take a look at my 2014 skating goals and see how I progressed towards them.
- Pass the Adult Gold Freestyle test - Done! I passed this in January 2014.
- Get the axel more consistent and fully correct - Still a work in progress, though it has made drastic improvements
- Work on an axel combination (like axel-loop, axel-toe, etc) - Yup! I had an axel-toe in my program at Adult Nationals and have an axel-toe loop-loop in an upcoming program
- Work on a double salchow and/or double toe loop - We worked on this during the summer and I actually landed one in August. I haven't worked on it since getting new skates though.
- Add a high level GOE spin to my repertoire (like sit-cannonball for 8-back tuck) - I'm still refining these. I have two new spin combinations, and if I can execute these correctly, one will (hopefully) be a Level 3 spin and the other a Level 2. Coach B thinks the Level 3 spin is pretty solid, so that makes me happy.
- Skate with more power and speed - While I made improvements on this front, it wasn't until I got new boots and blades that I could really feel a difference. And I know this has gotten better since several coaches have commented on my quickness on the ice. I have not competed in an IJS event since Adult Nationals, so I have no scores to prove any progress. Maybe next year.
If you are a skater, how did you progress on your 2014 goals?