I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I am off the ice this week and visiting family but will be back to practicing soon. I thought it would be fun for me to post my skating goals for 2014 for all of you to see. This way, I have all of you to hold me accountable and help me check in and see how I'm progressing (or not).
- Pass the Adult Gold Freestyle test - I am trying to take this in January, so we'll see how that goes.
- Get the axel more consistent and fully correct
- Work on an axel combination (like axel-loop, axel-toe, etc)
- Work on a double salchow and/or double toe loop
- Add a high level GOE spin to my repertoire (like sit-cannonball for 8-back tuck)
- Skate with more power and speed
And here is a list of what I accomplished in 2013 so I can reflect on the wonderful progress I made this year.
- Passed Adult Gold Moves in the Field on my very first try
- Competed in my first singles competition at Adult Gold level (skating IJS)
- Learned how to do a death drop spin
- Got my axel more consistent (though still 1/4 turn cheated on the landing)
- Landed a lutz (this is huge because I was taught it incorrectly from a former coach) and have it consistently correct