Since we've exclusively been working on Gold Moves, Coach B has never worked on the axel with me until now. She's seen the video above, and immediately saw
- My back is slightly hunched over in the take-off.
- I do not get enough height since I am not jumping off my top toe pick.
- My ankles do not make full contact with each other in the air.
- And another 5638 other things.
- Split waltz jump
- Waltz jump with ankle taps mid-air
- Waltz jump with crossed legs mid-air
- Once-arounds, or bell jumps
- Other exercises at the board
I'm anxious to get in the harness soon and see if I can make some good improvement on the jump. I'll be curious to see if the differences in my jump before and after Coach B's axel prep exercises.